Monday, October 11, 2010

Hilary's mishap

My mishap:

When I was about 13 years old, I played volleyball on my junior high school team. During the season, we had practice on Fridays after class every week. One Friday, I arrived very late for practice because I had been working late to finish an art project.  I didn’t see the team in the gym, so I ran up to the locker room to check if they were in there. As I was looking, I heard the door shut behind me. No one was there, so I decided that they must have finished, and I would just go home.

I tried to open the locker room door but it was locked. At first, I wasn’t worried, because I thought I could find another way out. I tried another door and it was also locked. At this point, I started to feel a bit worried. My palms were sweating and I was feeling nervous. This was before mobile phones were invented and there wasn’t any way for me to contact the outside world.

I knew that on Fridays, students, teachers and staff would leave the school early for the weekend, so there may not be anyone to open the door until Monday morning. I quickly realized that I could be spending the weekend trapped inside the locker room.

I decided that I had to find a way out, so I went to the window. It was three stories up and a long way down to the ground.  As I was looking around for a way to climb down, I saw a teacher working in his office across the courtyard. I got a towel and started waving it out the window to get his attention. He finally saw me and quickly came to the locker room. I was rescued and very relieved!

Hilary

3 comments:

  1. Before four years ago, while I was studying English in the college I missed my first classes. It was very embarrassing because I went to the wrong lectures for the whole day. I had my timetable, but I could not read it very well. I was not used to it.

    As a result of that, I went to another class. The funny thing was that the teacher called the names and I did not hear my name. So he decided to add my name to the list, just in case the administration have missed it.

    When I went back home, I realized that I was in the wrong class all day, and I was marked absent for three lectures. I will never, ever forget that funny mishap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story, Ali. I'm sure this has happened to lots of students on their first day. Good that you can laugh about it now - most mishaps are funny after some time has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before five years ago, while I was studying high school, me and my classmates had competition for my Area,My teachers they gave us some information about the competition,and they gave us 3 weeks for the end.

    It was about my king, anyone wrote good story about the king, he has the one

    me and the students worked for the copeeititon.

    the last day we must delivery of story for my teacher, but I didn't find my story, I tired for that, every day I was looking for the story to be a best story, I apologized to the teacher because I didn't find that, then we went to the hall for know how is the win.

    the win was steal my story and he wrote his name on my story, and he's won.

    This is my fault :)

    ReplyDelete